The Ehsaas Program was solely launched to provide social safety and alleviate poverty by the government of Pakistan in March 2019. The former Prime Minister called it a critical step towards a welfare state. During his government, several initiatives were launched to deal with the ongoing pandemic. Imran Khan came up with Ehsas Emergency Cash Program to provide some relief to the country’s sidelined segments.
This emergency cash program became famous as one of the largest social protection platforms in the history of our country because its aim was to provide financial guidance and assistance to around 12 million families in Pakistan. The structure of this program was in a way that PKR. 12,000 was to be given to around 12 million families in need. The total estimated cost for this program was predicted to be around PKR. 144 billion. In case the demand for this program increases, additional resources will be directed towards it.
To apply for Ehsas Emergency Cash Program, you need to follow the steps given below:
All labourers and daily wage earners are eligible for this particular program, and they can apply for it by enrolling via text message. The Ehsas SMS campaign is all set to help the government in identifying eligible and deserving beneficiaries. To see if you qualify for the program, all you have to do is:
- Enter your CNIC number as a text message and send it on 8171
- After you’ve sent the SMS, Ehsas will verify the credentials as per their database, and you’ll get a response accordingly.
- The team will send an SMS to you highlighting your eligibility and ineligibility.
- If you’re not registered in the Ehsas database, you’ll have to contact your district administration for further process.
Those who have to contact their district administration cab register themselves via the Ehsas web portal; click on the link provided https://ehsas.nadra.gov.pk/ehsas/.
- After you have accessed the link, enter your CNIC number and the code in the image provided
- Click ”confirm” to check your eligibility.
- Next, enter your mobile number and choose your mobile operator.
- Lastly, click on ”confirm” and go through further instructions through which you can register for the Emergency Cash program.
Remember, if your CNIC is present in the NSER database, you will immediately receive an SMS indicating your eligibility for the program. The eligible applicants will be notified of the consequent process through SMS.
Ineligibility for the Ehsas Emergency Cash Program
- If your CNIC is valid, you will proceed toward the next step. But if it is not, you will get an SMS indicating CNIC not being valid and highlighting your ineligibility for the program.
- Your application may be blocked because of blocked sanity profiling, due to which you are ineligible for the program.
- In case you and your spouse belong to government employment, you won’t be eligible for this program.
- You are also not eligible for the program if you registered with some other Federal Government funding scheme or relief.
Remember that the Ehsas Program introduced by the federal government and the welfare programs offered by the provincial government aren’t the same. However, you can still receive funds from both if you fit the eligibility criteria.