With time, when everything is being digitalized, Pakistan too is seeing digital innovation in its technological sector. Today most of the instruments used daily have evolved and developed. Even if we talk about car registrations and their details, this database is now easily accessible online without waiting in long queues.
You must be wondering why car registration details have become increasingly important today? When you buy a used car, you are already taking some risk when you have no clue about verifying its related documents. But suppose you are given an option to verify the registration details of the said car. In that case, you may benefit from getting your hands on a vehicle at a comparatively lower price than what was being offered initially.
So now, getting your car’s registration details doesn’t require you to stand in long queues; you can have access to these details online (MTMIS) and via an SMS. All you need to have is a cellphone for sending a ‘text message.’
Vehicle registration verification can be quickly done in the provinces of Sindh, Punjab, Islamabad, and KPK, too online. Recently it was mentioned that the government is planning to launch the service in the region of Balochistan too. However, if, for some reason, an online check is not possible, you can also avail offline method via an SMS to verify the details of car registration. Let’s see how this SMS process goes along;
Car registration process checks through SMS in entire Punjab.
- You have to proceed toward the ‘new text message’ option on your cellphone devices and enter your whole vehicle number.
- This should include all the numeric values and alphabets along with the year like; LUV 08 3695
- Enter recipient ‘9966′ and click on send option.
- In a matter of minutes, you’ll receive the whole record of the said vehicle on your mobile phone.
Car registration process checks through SMS in Islamabad- Federal Capital
Islamabad’s car registration check process is slightly different from that of remaining Punjab. The Islamabad Police, in collaboration with the Digital Seal Company, initiated the registration checks service for cars via Rescue 15. Through this service, any Pakistani citizen is eligible to get detail about a vehicle that is registered in Islamabad via this facility. All you have to do is follow the procedure and protocols of receiving and sending the SMS in the following way;
- Enter the vehicle’s Chassis Number in the following format; CNO EFGXXXXX (enter number), and send these details to 8521
- In a few minutes, you’ll get the details on your mobile phone in the form given below:
- RNO XXXX
- CNO XXXX
- ENO XXXX
- Vehicle status, whether stolen or recovered
Car registration process checks through SMS in the entire Sindh
For people living in the province of Sindh, follow these steps:
- Enter your vehicle registration number in your message bar
- Send these details to any one of the following numbers: 0300-2011161 or 0300-2011151
- In the next 5 to 7 minutes after sending the text, you will receive the reply with the following details
These are some simple steps you can follow to check your car registration details. Lastly, opting for a ride-hailing service or public transportation cannot be the best option all the time, so it is better to have a vehicle that enables you to remain protected and mobile.