The Express Entry system is Canada’s main immigration program for skilled workers. It allows individuals to submit an online profile to be considered for immigration to Canada. If you are interested in immigrating to Canada from Pakistan, you will need to follow these steps to apply for an Express Entry visa:
- Determine your eligibility: To be eligible for Express Entry, you must have a valid job offer or work experience in a high-demand occupation in Canada. Additionally, you must have a minimum of one year of work experience in the past 10 years, and meet the language requirements of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) at least at level 7 in English or French.
- Create an Express Entry profile: Once you have determined that you are eligible, you can create an online profile through the Express Entry system. You will be required to provide information about your work experience, education, language proficiency, and other relevant information.
- Submit your profile: After completing your Express Entry profile, you can submit it to the system. Your profile will then be placed in a pool of candidates, where it will be ranked against other candidates based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The CRS takes into account factors such as age, education, work experience, and language proficiency.
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA): If you are among the highest-ranking candidates in the Express Entry pool, you will receive an ITA from the Government of Canada. You will have 90 days to submit a complete application for permanent residence.
- Submit your application: Once you have received an ITA, you will need to submit a complete application for permanent residence, including all required documents such as your passport, language test results, and police clearance certificates.
- Pass medical examination and background check: Before your application can be approved, you will need to pass a medical examination and a background check.
- Get your visa: After your application has been approved, you will receive your permanent residence visa, which will allow you to live and work in Canada as a permanent resident.
It’s also important to note that the above are general steps, the process may vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. Additionally, it’s also worth noting that Express Entry does not guarantee that you will receive an ITA. It’s important to understand that the Canadian Government has a cap on the number of ITAs issued every year, and the competition can be fierce. Therefore, it’s important to have a strong profile and maximize your chances of being selected.
In summary, immigrating to Canada from Pakistan through the Express Entry program is a multi-step process that requires you to meet certain eligibility criteria and create an online profile. You will then be ranked against other candidates and if you are among the highest-ranking candidates, you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. After that, you will need to submit a complete application, pass a medical examination and background check, and receive your visa. This process can take several months, so it’s important to be patient and stay organized throughout the process.