Communication has been an essential tool in every era. Back in time around 2002, cell phones started becoming a necessity for every individual across Pakistan. All this was major because of a significant reduction in prices of these gadgets and accessibility, increasing the number of cellphone subscribers across the country.
Although this accessibility made our life easier, it also initiated some unlawful activities that are carried out through such technologies. Individuals would take several SIMs in their possession, ultimately leading to specific criminal activities and attacks. It was discovered that back in the 2000s, most of the terrorist attacks were linked to SIMs that were not registered.
To sort out such issues, in 2009, PTA developed a progressive SIM information system designed to maintain and monitor the digital record of all the SIM subscribers, enabling users to track the number of active SIMs that were issued against their CNIC.
This guide will help you understand how to check the number of SIMs against your NIC.
First of all, it is essential to understand that an individual can have a particular limit of SIMs registered against their CNIC. According to the protocols set by PTA, you can have no more than five SIM cards issued against your name and CNIC at one time. However, when you already have a maximum number of SIM cards issued against your CNIC, you’ll have to block one that you no longer use to maintain the protocol of five SIMs at a time.
Let’s take a quick look at how you can check no. of active SIMs against your CNIC;
In case you have no idea of the active SIM cards against your name, it’s better to get this information quickly;
Here we have mentioned two quick ways of checking this information:
Follow this short guide to find the number of SIMs registered against your name/CNIC:
- Go to the text message application on your phone.
- Enter your CNIC number without entering any hyphens
- After that, send the message to 668
- After sending, you’ll get an instant reply with details of the number of SIM cards active against every operator that is issued on your CNIC
- The charges for this SMS service would be PKR 2+ tax for every SMS sent to 668
- For checking the no. of SIM card active and issues against your CNIC, visit the website of PTA SIM Information.
- The link will direct you to the webpage where you will be required to enter your details.
- Type the CNIC number in the given text field
- Click on the verification tool that indicates you are not a robot, and then press ‘Submit.’
- Your screen will show the list of the SIMs registered against your CNIC in the form of tabular details.
- Classification will be operator-wise, and a table will show details of the number of SIMs against your name/CNIC
If you come across information indicating that the no. of SIMs issued against your Name/CNIC is more than the number allowed, immediately contact the Customer Service Centre of that particular company operator to save yourself from incoming hassle.